Weighing 110 pounds, the ARIUS YDP-181’s dimensions are 853 mm (33-9/16″) (H) X 515 mm (20-1/4″) (D) X 1,364 mm (53-11/16″) (W). With a choice of keyboard playing settings (hard, medium or soft) to enhance comfort, the piano caters to various finger styles and capabilities during play. The memory capacity of the ARIUS YDP-161 is User songs (100KB x 3), External songs (639KB and it also provides various functions for the pedals (soft, Damper and Sostenuto). With the availability of three pedals, there is the option of using a half pedal.
One Of The Best Digital Piano Brands
The ARIUS YDP-181 delivers a maximum of 128-note polyphony, can transpose (-6 to 0 and 0 to 6), has a metronome range of 32 to 280 (tempo), uses 2 amplifiers (20 W each) and is able to provide a variety of preset songs including fifty piano songs and ten songs for demonstration. Delight in the sound quality from the two 16cm speakers.
- Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard with 88 keys
- AWM technology and superior sound
- Sound-sustaining damper pedal and system
- High-quality tones and nuance effects
- Touch sensitivity: Soft, Hard, Medium, Fixed
- Auto power off shuts down the instrument after a period of inactivity. You can customize how long it will wait before shutting down, or disable it if you prefer.
- Advanced Wave Memory Sampling – Receive distinct sampling using AWM technology which generates true sound quality. Three levels which provide authentic sound are available on the ARIUS YDP-181
- Damper Pedal – The Yamaha ARIUS provides a sustained sound through the use of a damper pedal with includes an effect that generates sound nuances suitable for providing the impression of a deliberate delay as the sound emanates from the piano
- Dual Voice Capabilities – With your ARIUS YDP-181, you will be able to generate two sounds from different instruments simultaneously
- Recorder – Use the recorder to keep track of your progress and effort. Record songs with two tracks and replay the audio as required. The recorder feature is also great to use for music projects or work in progress and allows others to collaborate on a composition
- Keyboard – Designed for high-performance and style, the Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard is smooth to touch and play
- Polyphony – While other pianos provide 64-note polyphony, the ARISU YDP-181 provides a 128-note polyphony
- Touch Sensitivity – It is possible to select different touch sensitivity options for the piano bases on your comfort levels. These include a soft, hard and medium feel or touch
- Voices – Ten voices are included in this piano including Strings, Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Church Organs and Harpsichords
Whether you are an experienced or expert piano player or someone who is learning how to play a piano, the ARIUS YDP-181 from Yamaha is a suitable instrument to use. Acknowledged in the top 3 of the best digital piano brands, this product highlights why. Enjoy clear sound from the Yamaha YDP-181 based on the inclusion of an outlet for sound returning from the piano. Also, get the full range of pedal capability with the use of the damper technology included in the piano. A half-pedal response is provides expressiveness of sound, a natural feel and purposeful music production. Don’t forget we also reviewed the slightly less expensive Yamaha YDP143R too, which you can click here to digest further.